RIGHT TO CHANGE POLICY
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION FROM USERS
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, e-mail, or postal address, and possibly information relating to certain support or customer service issues (“Information” or “Personally Identifiable Information”). You generally do not need to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information to use this Site or to obtain information from most of the features on the Site.
In some cases, however, you may be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information in order to access certain pages of this Site, to use or subscribe to certain online services on this Site or other products or to allow us to provide you with certain personalized or enhanced services that you have requested. How we collect and store information depends on the page you are visiting, the activities in which you elect to participate and the services provided. If you do not want to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information, you can always decide not to use such services or access such pages on the Site.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may make Use of Your Information for various lawful business purposes. These purposes may include using Your Information to:
- 1. Provide customer support. For example, we might confirm and complete transactions requested by you, verify information you provide to us and provide you with administrative notices.
- 2. Analyze, improve and manage the Site. For example, we might obtain feedback regarding our Site, understand and anticipate your needs and preferences, better understand your use of our Site, customize and tailor Site content and advertising, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, engage in statistical analysis and provide feedback to our vendors, and other third parties.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your Information:
- 1. To our third-party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including the handling of data processing, data verification, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional, marketing and transaction materials, and our Services’ maintenance and security. These companies are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your Information confidential;
- 2. To third parties such as insurance providers when you use the Site to request a quote, services, or information from one or more of those third parties (“Requested Service Providers”), such as by clicking “get your quotes” or other similar buttons at the end of a form;
- 4. As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- 5. As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- 6. If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- 8. To enforce or protect our rights;
- 9. In connection with a Business Transfer, as defined below (see Business Transfers below); and
- 10. To our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common control or management with us).
If you do not want your Information shared as described above, then you should not provide us with your Information.
When you use our Site through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our Site, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
If you enable the collection of location information on your device, then we may collect information about your actual location, such as your mobile device’s GPS coordinates. We may also use other technologies to determine your location (such as through the location of nearby Wi-Fi access points or cell towers), or obtain your location information from third parties.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
PROTECTION OF COMPANY AND OTHERS
DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
We take reasonable precautions to protect the privacy, accuracy and reliability of any information you provide and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. The Personally Identifiable Information you provide and we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our service providers. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. As a result, you transmit any information to or from the Site at your own risk. If you create an account on this Site, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your online account information shall be protected by your password. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and Site account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or Site account. You can access and update information in your account profile at any time by logging in to the website with your login name and password. Once you have logged in, you can update certain of your information such as your name, e-mail, password, and/or change your address.
OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may sometimes use other businesses to perform certain services for us, such as hosting or maintaining our Site, storing your information, processing orders or subscriptions, or providing marketing assistance and data analysis. We may provide Personally Identifiable Information to service providers when that information is necessary for them to complete a requested transaction or otherwise perform their duties. Company will take reasonable steps to ensure that these service providers are notified of their obligations to reasonably protect Personally Identifiable Information on Company’s behalf.
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy other businesses or their assets or sell some or all of our business assets. Personally Identifiable Information and other customer information is generally one of the business assets involved in such transactions. Thus, in the event that Company or all of its assets are acquired, such information may be one of the transferred assets.
AFFILIATED SITES, LINKED SITES AND ADVERTISEMENTS
Note that certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You can prevent NAI member companies from collecting preference data about you by clicking here and following the NAI’s directions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt out through the NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt out choice.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
We understand and share your concerns regarding your children’s access to Internet and the Internet’s access to your children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly request or accept Personally Identifiable Information submitted to the Site by any visitor under 13 years of age. If we become aware that an individual under age 13 has provided information to Company through the Site, we will not use or disclose that individual’s information for any purpose unless required to do so by law.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently is NOT an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we do NOT respond to them at this time.
OPERATION OF OUR SERVICES IN THE UNITED STATES
The Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By accessing the Site or providing us with your Information, you consent to this transfer.
1. Online Behavioral Advertising.